The steps for the approval process for student organizations and university departments can be found below. Also, a directory of local and national licensees of Appalachian State University can be accessed from this page.
Steps for approval
University departments, student organizations and schools who wish to use App State marks on apparel (such as t-shirts, hats or golf shirts, etc.) and gift items (such as mugs, key chains, jewelry, etc.) must follow these steps and use a licensed vendor:
Online request form
- Click here to complete the license request and artwork submission online. As long as the item is not for resale or a fundraiser, the royalty fee is typically waived.
- Once the artwork and approval form is received the Licensing Director will approve/disapprove your artwork and notify the printer.
- Once notified by the Licensing Director and the printer has received the approval form via email you are free to print your item.
- If you have any questions about the process, contact Erin Hughes who handles all approvals.
There are a number of licensed vendors that can help you obtain the merchandise you need. Many of these licensees are primarily apparel printers. But some can supply a number of other licensed goods such as inexpensive gifts, favors, and office-related merchandise. Below is a list of internal licensees:
- Go Postal: 828-262-0027
- M-Prints, Inc.: 828-265-4929
- Omega Tees and Screenprint, LLC: 828-264-4562
- Appalachian Tees, Inc.: 828-265-1333
- Mountaineer Mania, Inc.: 828-262-5234
- TNT Ad Specialties: 919-436-1832